Navigation

Friday 30 March 2012

Damien Hirst at the Tate Modern

4 April  –  9 September 2012
Tate modern exhibition!


This is a much anticipated exhibition for me as I have been fascinated with Hirst's work since my art teacher back in GCSE's showed me his Mother and Child Divided, a four-part sculpture of a bisected cow and calf suspended in formaldehyde. His work is undoubtedly one of most recognised for a living artist, and certainly reaping the benefits of his fame and fortune.
I had actually come across a documentary "The great contemporary art bubble" that explains why Artists such as Hirst have been such a success.


The exhibition will include such works as the ever famous "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living  1991"(below) amongst an array of other former art pieces.






No comments:

Post a Comment